Frequently Asked Questions About NCSET Topics
- What is a NCSET Topic?
- A NCSET Topic provides comprehensive information and resources
within a key area that affects the lives of youth with disabilities
in secondary education and transition.
Who are NCSET Topics written for?
- NCSET Topics are written for teachers, school administrators,
youth development personnel, parents, transition specialists,
employers, youth with disabilities, and others.
What kind of information is in a NCSET Topic?
- Each NCSET Topic contains a brief introduction, answers
to frequently asked questions, abstracts of related
research, descriptions of emerging practices, links
to related Web sites, and a listing of additional Web
and print resources.
How can I use NCSET Topics?
- NCSET Topics provide rich information on a specific area, including
guiding information and links to outside resources. We suggest
reading through NCSET Topics to gain a strong understanding of
the issues at hand within each area, and spending time reading
the resources that are linked for more information on the topic.
Should I view Topics online or print them?
- You may view NCSET Topic pages online, or print them for reading
on hard copy. We recommend that you scan a NCSET Topic online
to decide if you would like to read all of the information thoroughly.
If you decide you want to read the topic thoroughly, we recommend
you then print the Introduction, Frequently Asked Questions, Related
Research, and Emerging & Promising Practices pages to read
the content-rich information on hard copy. You can then return
to the online version of the NCSET Topic to view the linked sites
and documents in the Web Sites and Additional Resources pages.
How do I print a NCSET Topic?
- To print the contents of a NCSET Topic, you will need to open
the page within the Topic to print, and select your Print button.
Although we do not currently have this in place, we plan to provide
a one-click option for printing the contents of Topics. We will
post a notice in E- News when
this feature is available.
Do you have a PDF version of NCSET Topics?
- No, we do not have a PDF (portable document format) of NCSET
Topics for easy printing. If and when this becomes available,
we will post a notice in E-News.
there any copyright restrictions on the use of NCSET Topics?
- There are no copyright restrictions on these contents. You are
welcome to print and share this information with others. However,
please credit the National Center on Secondary Education and Transition
when printing and sharing NCSET Topics or any other NCSET materials
Can I suggest a new NCSET Topic or content for an existing
- We welcome suggestions for new topics to address in our NCSET
Topics and publications. To suggest a new topic to address or
additional content for an already existing NCSET Topic or publication,
please send us an e-mail at email@example.com
or call 612-624-5659.
I have a question!
- If you have a question about NCSET Topics that you do not see
answered here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 612-626-8649.